Tacofino Fish Tacos
One of our favorite places to visit is Tofino on Vancouver Island. We’ve made the trip many times and we’ve never been disappointed. It is a journey to get there from Seattle but it is well worth it. We always stop at Tacofino while we are there. Their fish tacos are amazing. After our last trip I tried to recreate them.
- 2 cod filets
- 1-2 limes
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 whole wheat tortillas
- Chipotle Mayo
- Tomato-mango salsa
- Napa cabbage
- Coriander leaves
- Salt & Pepper
- Avocado or guacamole (optional)
- Slice the cod into strips.
- In a mixing bowl, add the olive oil, juice of 1 lime, crushed garlic clove, and the cod strips. Add salt & pepper. Mix well. Let marinate while you prepare the other items.
- Chop up the Napa cabbage.
- Prepare the tomato-mango salsa.
- Prepare the chipotle mayo.
- Heat a medium pan over medium heat. Cook the cod for a few minutes. You know the cod is ready when it starts to break apart.
- Heat the oven to 275 degrees and warm up the tortillas. Just a few minutes otherwise they will harden and you want nice soft tortillas
- Add chipotle mayo, Napa cabbage, cod, salsa, and a few coriander leaves.
- Option - Add avocado or guacamole