This is a King family favorite.
- 12 ounces dried spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons pressed or minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 bottle (8 oz.) clam juice
- 2 cans (10 oz. each) baby clams, drained (reserve liquid)
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon hot chili flakes
In a 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, bring about 4 quarts water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook, stirring occasionally, until barely tender to bite, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over medium-high heat, stir garlic in olive oil often until fragrant (do not brown), 1 to 2 minutes. Add wine, clam juice, and reserved liquid from clams and boil until reduced to about 1 cup, 6 to 8 minutes. Add clams and stir occasionally until hot, 1 to 2 minutes.
Drain spaghetti. Add to clam sauce along with parsley and chili flakes; mix, and add salt to taste. Divide equally among four wide bowls.